Verification for Netgear Arlo
Two-step verification for my Netgear Arlo?
Two-step verification helps the users to protect their account from the hackers and stealers. In this verification process, you protect your Netgear Arlo security camera by adding another step of authentication while doing My Arlo account login. Arlo will simply verify your identity anytime when you sign in with a new device. You can use more than five different two-step verification methods, apart from the email address associated with your Arlo account.
When we create a My Arlo account login, it is a must to set up two-step verification security system to your Arlo camera setup. This is the most important step to protect your data and to add an extra layer of security to your Arlo account.
How does a two-step verification system work…?
If you want to sign in with the two-step verification system, then you should correctly enter your email address and password while My Arlo account login. Then, for the purpose of authentication, you must enter your identity details with a security code that will be delivered to you by an SMS, a text message, and an email. Then confirmation the code from an already trusted device that you would be using. The two-step verification process brings you all the required pieces of information that will help you to prevent your Arlo security camera from any unwanted login, even if someone has your Arlo account password.
- Through the Push notification: – When someone attempts to log in to your Arlo account on a new device, Arlo sends a push notification to a previously trusted (and currently logged in) iOS or Android device. Tap the push notification on the trusted device to approve or deny the login.
- Through the SMS or text message: – When someone will attempt to log in to your Arlo account for the fraudulent purpose, Arlo immediately sends a text message to your mobile device. It will use your mobile number that you have verified for the two-step verification process. Enter the security code that you have received from the text message to complete the login process.
- Through the Email: – If you can’t access your Arlo account through a trusted device with the help of a push notification, or you haven’t received any SMS or the text messages, then you can request to Arlo.netgear.com to provide you a fresh security code sent via email that you have associated with your Arlo account.
Setup Arlo Camera with two-step verification
To enable a two-step verification feature from your mobile device you need to follow some of the basic steps that are very easy and simple. Do not miss a single step. else you will not be able to set up this process in a proper way.
- Launch the Arlo app from your Android or an iOS device to begin the process.
- Go to the Menu, and Tap Settings > then Profile >then Login Settings >then Two-Step Verification.
- Tap the switch next to Enable this feature. Select any one option that is more convenient for you, such as Push Notifications/SMS/Text Message/email, etc. as your verification route.
- Note your Arlo account login email address will remain the automatic back-up option.
- Follow the instructions that your Arlo app provides to you and complete your two-step verification setup.
- Now you have successfully enabled the “Two-step verification” for your account.
- Enable two-step verification from your desktop
- Log in to the customized weblink my.arlo.com that will take you directly to the Setup process for the two-step verification process.
- There you have to click Settings > Profile > Two-Step Verification.
- Then tap the switch next to Enable option.
- Click the option “Add SMS Verification” as your verification method by default.
- The important thing to remember here is your Arlo account email will provide you with an automatic back-up option for the future.
Now you should follow the instructions through the app to complete your two-step verification setup. When the two-step verification will be enabled for your account, then you will start getting SMS or email alerts on your default device. The Push notification verification cannot be enabled through my.arlo.com. You have to use the Arlo app to enable push notification verification system.
How to remove a trusted device for a two-step verification:
- Launch the Arlo app or a web browser from your device, and then log in through my.arlo.com.
- Enter my.arlo.com into the address bar of your browser, and click OK.
- Tap or click the option Settings > Profile > Login Settings > at last “Two-Step Verification.”
- Tap and click the trashcan icon that is just next to a phone number or trusted device heading.
- Here, you can even add a new device or the method by tapping or clicking Add SMS Verification from the bottom of the device screen.
- The trusted device or the phone number will be removed for the two-step verification process.